All Buddhist laypeople, Thais and foreigners, are invited to take part in the commemoration of the 149th anniversary of the birth of Phra Ajaan Mun Bhuridatta Mahathera, the great master of the Thai forest ascetic tradition or Dhutanga-Kammatthana tradition.
A variety of merit-making activities will be held at nine Dhammayut monasteries in Bangkok, the North and the Northeast region from 19 to 20 January 2019. The participating temples are as follows.
- Wat Pathum Wanaram, Bangkok
- Wat Liab, Ubon Ratchathani
- Wat Pa Sutthawat, Sakon Nakhon
- Wat Pa NongPhue Na Nai, Sakon Nakhon
- Wat Pa Salawan, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Wat Pa Ban Lao, Chiang Rai
- Wat Pa AjahnMun, Chiang Mai
- Wat Pa Darabhirom, Chiang Mai
- Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai